About this book
This volume provides a posteriori error analysis for mathematical idealizations in modeling boundary value problems, especially those arising in mechanical applications, and for numerical approximations of numerous nonlinear variational problems. The author avoids giving the results in the most general, abstract form so that it is easier for the reader to understand more clearly the essential ideas involved. Many examples are included to show the usefulness of the derived error estimates.
This volume is suitable for researchers and graduate students in applied and computational mathematics, and in engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b101775
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-23536-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-23537-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site