Table of contents
About this book
Part I introduces basic knowledge of the geometry of development, also called a net, of a solid. Part II further details the topic of nets. In the science of nets, there are numerous unresolved issues, and mathematical characterization and the development of efficient algorithms by computer are closely connected with each other. Part III discusses folding models and their computational complexity. When a folding model is fixed, to find efficient ways of folding is to propose efficient algorithms. If this is difficult, it is intractable in terms of computational complexity. This is, precisely, an area for computer science research. Part IV presents some of the latest research topics as advanced problems. Commentaries on all exercises included in the last chapter.
The contents are organized in a self-contained way, and no previous knowledge is required. This book is suitable for undergraduate, graduate, and even high school students, as well as researchers and engineers interested in origami.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-4470-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-15-4469-9
- Online ISBN 978-981-15-4470-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site