Table of contents
About this book
This book presents the latest advances in marine structures and related biomaterials for applications in both soft- and hard-tissue engineering, as well as controlled drug delivery. It explores marine structures consisting of materials with a wide variety of characteristics that warrant their use as biomaterials. It also underlines the importance of exploiting natural marine resources for the sustainable development of novel biomaterials and discusses the resulting environmental and economic benefits.
The book is divided into three major sections: the first covers the clinical application of marine biomaterials for drug delivery in tissue engineering, while the other two examine the clinical significance of marine structures in soft- and hard-tissue engineering, respectively. Focusing on clinically oriented applications, it is a valuable resource for dentists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and students and researchers in the field of tissue engineering.
Nanobiomaterial Tissue Engineering Drug Delivery Bone Tissue Bioceramics Hydroxyapatite Marine-Derived Biomaterials Marine Sponges Biocomposite Scaffolds Marine Polysaccharides Marine Nanopharmaceuticals Marine Biomaterials
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8855-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-8854-5
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-8855-2
- Series Print ISSN 2195-0644
- Series Online ISSN 2195-0652
- Buy this book on publisher's site