About this book
These two-partition books present essential approaches to numerical-analytical solutions of problems in the mechanics of shells with various structures and shapes based on refined and spatial models. Further, it examines the mechanical behavior of shallow, circular and noncircular, conical, spherical, and functionally graded shells obtained by the refined model.
The book investigates the stress-strain state and free vibrations of finite-length cylinders in spatial formulation (3D elasticity theory). Further, it analyzes the influence of geometrical and mechanical parameters, of boundary conditions, and of the loading character on both the distributions of stress and displacement fields, and on the dynamical characteristics in these shells and cylinders. Lastly, it discusses in detail the validation of reliability for the results obtained by numerical calculations.
As such, it complements the first part of the book, the volume Recent Developments in Anisotropic Heterogeneous Shell Theory: Applications of Refined and Three-dimensional Theory.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1596-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-1595-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-1596-0
- Series Print ISSN 2191-530X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5318
- Buy this book on publisher's site