About this book
In this book, the author introduces the concept of unsteady aerodynamics and its underlying principles. He provides the readers with a comprehensive review of the fundamental physics of free and forced unsteadiness, the terminology and basic equations of aerodynamics ranging from incompressible flow to hypersonics. The book also covers modern topics related to the developments made in recent years, especially in relation to wing flapping for propulsion. The book is written for graduate and senior year undergraduate students in aerodynamics and also serves as a reference for experienced researchers. Each chapter includes ample examples, questions, problems and relevant references.
The treatment of these modern topics has been completely revised end expanded for the new edition. It now includes new numerical examples, a section on the ground effect, and state-space representation.
Hypersonic Flow Jet Propulsion Kutta-Joukowski Theorem Vortex Lift ground Effect Representation State-space Representation Wing Flappings for Propulsion
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0018-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Singapore 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-0016-4
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-0018-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site