About this book
This textbook has been conceptualized to provide a detailed description of the various aspects of Systems and Synthetic Biology, keeping the requirements of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in mind. Also, it is hoped that this book will mentor young scientists who are willing to contribute to this area but do not know from where to begin.
The book has been divided into two sections.
The first section deals with the systems biology – in terms of the foundational understanding, highlighting issues in biological complexity, methods of analysis and various aspects of modelling.
The second section describes the engineering concepts and design strategies of biological systems ranging from simple DNA/RNA fragments, switches and oscillators, molecular pathways to a complete synthetic cell.
Finally, the book offers expert opinions in legal, safety, security and social issues to present a well-balanced information both for students and scientists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9514-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-9513-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-9514-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site