Table of contents
About this book
This book presents an integrated review and critical analysis of the recent research in the positive psychology of religion, with focus on the positive psychology of religion across different cultures and religions. The book provides a review of the literature on different contributions of religion and spirituality to positive functioning and well-being and reviews religions across the world, including Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, Sikhism, Native American religions, and Hinduism.
It fills a unique place in the market’s increasing interest and demand in the psychology of religion, as well as positive psychology. While the target audience is researchers, scholars, and students in psychology, cross-cultural studies, religious studies, and social sciences, it will be useful for anyone interested in better understanding the contributions of religion and culture in subjective well-being.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-8950-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-8949-3
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-8950-9
- Series Print ISSN 2210-5417
- Series Online ISSN 2210-5425
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking