Table of contents
About this book
This collection highlights and extends contemporary women's and gender studies by presenting theoretical analyses and innovative research conceptualizations, applications, and methodologies via a diverse variety of popular-in-the-classroom topics, such as changing masculinities; comedic/dramatic portrayals of ethnicity and discrimination; stigma and differences within mainstream media gender stereotypes; intersections of gendered and sexual identities in social media and fundamental institutions.
These topics emphasize relevant issues and nuances within popular culture, identities and perceptions, and social problems, and illustrate the breadth of gender studies and its applications, while the diverse methodologies like historical comparisons; ethnographic, demographic and statistical analyses, demonstrate its epistemology.
Each chapter remains solidly founded in gender theory while making significant innovative contributions to the overall field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-8718-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-8717-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-8718-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking