About this book
This book discusses the field of bioinspired smell and taste sensors which includes many new areas: sensitive materials, physiological modelling and simulation, and more. Similar to biological chemical sensing systems, bioinspired smell and taste sensors are characterized with fast responsive, high specificity and sensitivity. One of the most important parts of the field is that of sensitive elements originated from biological components, which enable the detection of chemical signals by mimicking the biological mechanisms. This book detailed describes processing, devices, recognition principles of sensitive materials, and concrete realizations. It is written for researchers, engineers and biologists who engages in interdisciplinary research and applications.
Dr. Ping Wang is a professor at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. Dr. Qingjun Liu is a professor at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. Dr. Chunsheng Wu is an associated professor at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. Dr. K. Jimmy Hsia is a professor at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-7333-1
- Copyright Information Science Press, Beijing and Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-7332-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-7333-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site