Table of contents
About this book
Recent developments in biology and nanotechnology have stimulated a rapidly growing interest in the mechanics of thin, flexible ribbons and Mobius bands.
This edited volume contains English translations of four seminal papers on this topic, all originally written in German; of these, Michael A. Sadowsky published the first in 1929, followed by two others in 1930, and Walter Wunderlich published the last in 1962.
The volume also contains invited, peer-reviewed, original research articles on related topics.
Previously published in the Journal of Elasticity, Volume 119, Issue 1-2, 2015.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-7300-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-7299-0
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-7300-3
- About this book