About this book
The emphasis in degradable polymers has changed since the first edition of this book. Biomedical and agricultural applications remain important topics of scientific and commercial interest in the second edition. However, an increased emphasis on composting as a means of recovering value from wastes has led to a new impetus to understand how plastics degrade in the environment and the implication of this for international standards. Polymers based on renewable resources are also a major topic in this edition but the debate continues about their long-term sustainability and ecological advantages over degradable man-made polymers.
Degradable Polymers will be of interest not only to academic and industrial scientists working on packaging, agricultural and medical applications of plastics but also to students of environmental science and legislators concerned with the effects of man-made materials in the environment.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-1217-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-6091-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-1217-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site