Table of contents
About these proceedings
Comet Hale-Bopp defines a milestone event for cometary science: it is the first "really big" comet observed with modern equipment on the ground and from space and due to that; it is considered the new reference object in cometary sciences.
At the beginning of a new era in spacecraft exploration of comets and five years after Hale-Bopp's perihelion passage these proceedings of invited and contributed papers for IAU Colloquium 186 "Cometary Science after Hale-Bopp" review the state-of-the-art knowledge on comets, the icy, dusty and most primordial left-overs of the formation disk of our own solar system.
This is the first volume with invited review papers. A second volume with contributed papers is published in ISBN 1-4020-0978-X.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-1086-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-6288-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-1086-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors