Table of contents
About this book
- Sources of carbon dioxide and their purity,
- Market of carbon dioxide and its uses,
- Separation techniques of carbon dioxide from flue gases,
- Analysis of the potential of each technique and application,
- Basic science and technology of supercritical CO2,
- Reactions in supercritical CO2 and its use as reactive solvent,
- Utilization of CO2 in the synthesis of chemicals with low energy input,
- Conversion of CO2 into fuels: existing techniques,
- Dry reforming of methane,
- Assessment of the use of carbon dioxide for the synthesis of methanol.
The book is suitable for use as a textbook for courses in chemical engineering and chemistry. It is also of great interest as a general reference for those involved with technologies for avoiding carbon dioxide production and for economists.
This is an invaluable reference for specialists on synthetic chemistry, gas separation, supercritical fluids, carbon dioxide marketing, renewable energy and sustainable development. In addition, it will be useful for those working in the chemical industry and for policy makers for carbon dioxide mitigation, innovative technologies, carbon recycling, and power generation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-0245-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-6335-9
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-0245-4
- About this book