Table of contents
Myths and Shibboleths
About this book
Increasingly, medicine in general and nephrology specifically is based on clinical trials and verifiable presumption. Still, however, much of everyday clinical practice is the consensus of pundits and experts unable to validate their suggestions beyond personal bias.
In this unique volume, several core beliefs in renal medicine are examined and challenged. Starting as assignments for nephrology fellows, this book grew out of surprising `revelations' indicating that `the emperor has no clothes'.
The book is suitable as a stimulus for provocative discussions for nephrologists, internists, house staff, and medical students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0407-7
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-0616-6
- Online ISBN 978-94-010-0407-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site