About this book
As biomaterials are used in medical devices, meeting needs in such diverse surgical disciplines as ophthalmology, cardiology, neuromuscular surgery, orthopaedics, dentistry, etc., they must have intimate contact with patient's tissue or body fluids, providing a real physical interface which seriously restricts developments.
This book is written for those who would like to advance their knowledge of biomaterials. The subject matter of the book is divided into twelve chapters dealing with the structure and relationship of biological and man-made biomaterials. The application of these materials for various medical devices, and recent developments in tissue engineering, are also discussed.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0328-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-0-7923-7058-1
- Online ISBN 978-94-010-0328-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site