Table of contents
About this book
Geological processes affect the earth itself and human society. Solutions to geological problems, whether natural or man-made, demand close international collaboration. This book presents new approaches to current problems of environmental assessment, demonstrates the interactions between those involved in addressing global problems, and represents a means for the education of others.
The book focuses on four major themes: geoenvironmental models, GIS methods and techniques, assessment and resource management, and resource policies and sustainable development. The major topics falling under each theme are introduced, followed by discussions of specific applications. Reports of the discussions of working groups are also presented to round out the individual contributions.
The disciplines represented include geology, geophysics, geochemistry, remote sensing, economics, biology, mining engineering, resource analysis, mathematics and statistics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0303-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-0990-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-010-0303-2
- Series Print ISSN 1389-1839
- About this book