Table of contents
About this book
This book is a collective effort by world experts, bringing together assorted contributions presented during the Ocean Science Session OS-017, of the AOGS-AGU Joint Assembly held in Singapore in 2012 (the Asia Tsunami and Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami events) and other conferences. The chapters cover assessment, evaluation, forecast, policy and lessons learned as well as environmental and societal impacts of the latest tsunamis that occurred in the Indian Ocean in 2004 and the Pacific Ocean in Japan 2011 as well as the Central Pacific Ocean in 2012.
The book is aimed at experts, scientists and decision makers as well as students seeking recent updated information, knowledge and experiences to better understand, quantify, forecast and protect coastal water resources, ecosystems, communities and human settlements which are often affected by tsunamis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7269-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-7268-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-7269-4
- Series Print ISSN 1878-9897
- Series Online ISSN 2213-6959
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences