About this book
This book provides the reader with the basic skills and tools
of statistics and probability in the context of engineering modeling and analysis. The emphasis is on the application and the reasoning behind the application of these skills and tools for the purpose of enhancing decision making in engineering.
The purpose of the book is to ensure that the reader will acquire the required theoretical basis and technical skills such as to feel comfortable with the theory of basic statistics and probability. Moreover, in this book, as opposed to many standard books on the same subject, the perspective is to focus on the use of the theory for the purpose of engineering model building and decision making. This work is suitable for readers with little or no prior knowledge on the subject of statistics and probability.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4056-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-4055-6
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-4056-3
- Series Print ISSN 1566-0443
- About this book