Table of contents
About this book
This philosophical contribution to the discussion of sustainability develops a distinct approach to sustainability ethics and suggests a new avenue for sustainability research.
Referring to the inherent ethical meaning of the modern concept of sustainability, the author argues that without an adequate recognition and analysis of this ethical meaning, the concept of sustainability is misunderstood and sustainability issues cannot be adequately approached.
The book identifies the specific ethical aspects of sustainability and develops ethical tools to analyze them. It also provides a methodological framework to integrate ethical and scientific analyses of sustainability issues, and explores the notion of a new type of self-reflective inter- and transdisciplinary sustainability research. With this, the book aims to strengthen the overall ability of academics to contribute to the analysis and solution of sustainability issues in an inclusive and integrated way.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-2285-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science +Business Media B.V. 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-2284-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-2285-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site