About this book
Neuroscience, Consciousness and Spirituality presents a variety of perspectives by leading thinkers on contemporary research into the brain, the mind and the spirit. This volumes aims at combining knowledge from neuroscience with approaches from the experiential perspective of the first person singular in order to arrive at an integrated understanding of consciousness. Individual chapters discuss new areas of research, such as near death studies and neuroscience research into spiritual experiences, and report on significant new theoretical advances.
From Harald Walach’s introductory essay, “Neuroscience, Consciousness, Spirituality – Questions, Problems and Potential Solutions,” to the concluding chapter by Robert K. C. Foreman entitled “An Emerging New Model for Consciousness: The Consciousness Field Model,” this book represents a milestone in the progress towards an integrated understanding of spirituality, neuroscience and consciousness.
It is the first in a series of books that are dedicated to this topic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-2079-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-2078-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-2079-4
- Series Print ISSN 2211-8918
- Series Online ISSN 2211-8926
- Buy this book on publisher's site