About this book
Chemotherapy has made a dramatic difference to improved survival in patients with cancer. However, not all patients respond and some experience serious side effects.
"Pharmacogenetics: Making cancer treatment safer and more effective" is an up to date summary of the exciting new field of how genetic testing can tailor more effective prescription in oncology.
It is targeted at oncologists and professionals involved in the treatment of patients with cancer. It provides a core background in genetics and pharmacological principles before providing chapters from acknowledged experts in the field on genetic tests in specific cancer types, including breast, bowel and lung cancer. Clinical cases are used to illustrate the practical application of this knowledge.
Chapters on ethics, health economics and the industry aspects of pharmacogenetics set out the challenges and opportunities afforded by this new science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-8618-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-8617-4
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-8618-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site