Table of contents
About this book
The presence of xenobiotics in the aquatic environment is seen as one of the biggest challenges for a sustainable water future. Thus, there is a need to understand, in an integrated manner, the sources, flow paths, fate and effects of xenobiotics in the urban water cycle.
This book is an authoritative and comprehensive reference source covering:
-occurrence, sources and fluxes of xenobiotics in urban waters
-processes concerning the fate and transport of xenobiotics, mass flows and transformation products
-mitigation, treatment methods and systems for the removal of xenobiotics
-risk assessment methodologies and risk management
-information on source control and mitigation measures
The book contains a wealth of information on some of the compounds most frequently found in urban water systems, and of special interest will be the chapters dealing with compounds that have only recently been investigated, such as illicit drugs, scents, and toxins.
The book will be of interest to researchers, practitioners, municipal authorities, and international policy-makers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3509-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3508-0
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3509-7
- Series Print ISSN 1566-0745
- Buy this book on publisher's site