About this book
The seventh volume of the series, Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prognosis, discusses General Methods, Overviews, Head and Neck Cancer, and Thyroid Cancer. As in the other six volumes of the series, these subjects are discussed in detail.
This fully illustrated volume presents overviews in
- Radio-immunotherapy in Cancer
- Multidrug Resistance
- Cancer Biomarkers
- Role of Antibodies in Cancer Treatment
- Classification of Cancer Stage Using Patient’s Immune System
- Cancer Stem Cells
General methods discussed are
- Translating In Vitro Cell Lines Result into Clinical Practice
- Late Relapse of Germ Cell Malignancies
- Role of RNA Interference in Understanding the Molecular Bases of Cancer
- Incorporating Pharmacogenomics into Cancer Therapy
- Tumor Angiogenesis in Cancer
- Spindle Cell Oncocytoma of the Adenohypophysis
- Chemotherapy-Induced Neurotoxicity
- Disseminated Carcinoma of Unknown Primary Site
- Unknown Lymphadenopathy
In part 2 of this volume Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Early Stage Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Salivary Gland Tumors, Retinoblastoma, Tongue Cancer Metastasis, Role of Human Papilloma Virus in Tonsillar Cancer and Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma are discussed.
Part 3 discusses in detail Thyroid Carcinoma, including Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma,Molecular Genetics of the Thyroid, Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma, PET Imaging in Thyroid carcinoma, Thyroid Cancer and Markers for Diagnosis, Metastasized Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma, and Prognostic Factors in Thyroid Carcinoma.
The information presented in this volume should help in the development of novel, more effective therapeutic approaches for the treatment of head and neck cancer and thyroid cancer.
Professor Hayat has summarized the problems associated with the complexities of research publications and has been successful in editing a must-read volume for oncologists, cancer researchers, medical teachers and students of cancer biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3186-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3185-3
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3186-0
- About this book