About this book
As the title suggests, Isotope Effects in the Chemical, Geological and Bio Sciences deals with differences in the properties of isotopically substituted molecules, such as differences in the chemical and physical properties of water and the heavy waters. Isotope effects on the rates of chemical reactions, including enzyme catalyzed reactions, are treated in some detail. Since the various fields in which isotope effects are applied do not only share fundamental principles but also share experimental techniques, this book includes a discussion both of experimental apparatus and techniques.
Isotope Effects in the Chemical, Geological and Bio Sciences is an educational monograph addressed to graduate students and others undertaking isotope effect research. The fundamental principles needed to understand isotope effects are presented in appropriate detail. While it is true that these principles are more familiar to students of physical chemistry and some background in physical chemistry is recommended, the text provides enough detail to make the book an asset to students in organic and biochemistry, and geochemistry.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2265-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-2264-6
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-2265-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site