Table of contents
About this book
This monograph summarizes state of the art knowledge regarding peritoneal surface malignancies, with in-depth description of treatment options and the results achieved to date. It explores the most challenging problems on the basis of the authors’ very extensive clinical experience and examines the most relevant clinical trials. A comprehensive summary is provided of all phase 2 studies (the only available completed studies) and of ongoing and future phase 3 studies. Particular attention is paid to the results of integrated treatment comprising cytoreduction (peritonectomy) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). Helpful background information is also included on the definition and clinical assessment of each clinical form.
The book, drawing on data from the entire Italian experience as well as world literature, will be an outstanding benchmark for health professionals and researchers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-5711-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-5710-4
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-5711-1
- Series Print ISSN 2280-9848
- Series Online ISSN 2281-0854
- Buy this book on publisher's site