Table of contents
About this book
The book aims to investigate methods and techniques for spatial statistical analysis suitable to model spatial information in support of decision systems. Over the last few years there has been a considerable interest in these tools and in the role they can play in spatial planning and environmental modelling.
One of the earliest and most famous definition of spatial planning was “a geographical expression to the economic, social, cultural and ecological policies of society”: borrowing from this point of view, this text shows how an interdisciplinary approach is an effective way to an harmonious integration of national policies with regional and local analysis.
A wide range of spatial models and techniques is, also, covered: spatial data mining, point processes analysis, nearest neighbor statistics and cluster detection, Fuzzy Regression model and local indicators of spatial association; all of these tools provide the policy-maker with a valuable support to policy development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-2751-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-2750-3
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-2751-0
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1968
- Buy this book on publisher's site