About this book
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease, whose symptoms are similar to other intestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis; it can therefore be difficult to diagnose. Its knowledge and understanding have increased considerably in the last years; new advances in genetics, medical and surgical management offer today new possibilities for patients suffering from an inflammatory bowel disease. However, Crohn's disease remains a difficult disease to deal with, both from a research and clinical point of view.
This book provides general practitioners with a basic knowledge of the disease, offering in the same time an update on new facts about Crohn's disease to specialists. It can also be useful for residents willing to develop a deeper knowledge of inflammatory bowel diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-1472-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Milan 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-1471-8
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-1472-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site