About this book
Microorganisms play an important role in the maintenance of the ecosystem structure and function. Bacteria constitute the major part of the microorganisms and possess tremendous potential in many important applications from environmental clean up to the drug discovery. Much advancement has been taken place in the field of research on bacterial systems. This book summarizes the experimental setups required for applied microbiological studies. Important background information, representative results, step by step protocol in this book will be of great use to the students, early career researchers as well as the academicians. The book describes many experiments covering the basic microbiological experiments to the applications of microbial systems for advanced research. Researchers in any field who utilize bacterial systems will find this book very useful. In addition to microbiology and bacteriology, this book will also find useful in molecular biology, genetics, and pathology and the volume should prove to be a valuable laboratory resource in clinical and environmental microbiology, microbial genetics and agricultural research.
· Easy to follow by the users as the experiments have been written in simple language and step-wise manner.
· Role of each reagent to be used in each experiment has been described which will help the beginners to understand quickly and design their own experiment.
· Each experiment has been equipped with the coloured illustrations for proper understanding of the concept.
· Trouble-shootings at the end of each experiment will be helpful in overcoming the problems faced by the users.
· Flow-chart of each experiment will quickly guide the users in performing the experiments.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-2095-4
- Copyright Information Springer India 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New Delhi
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-81-322-2094-7
- Online ISBN 978-81-322-2095-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site