Table of contents
About this book
The aim of this book is to provide experimental protocols covering many aspects of glycobiology, glycotechnology, and chemistry: biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, genetics, physiology, and medicine. The protocols are all self-contained descriptions of the equipment and reagents needed, followed by details of the experimental procedure.
In the post-genomic era, glycobiology is coming of age because more than half of proteins are glycosylated and the importance of sugar chains in various fields of life science research cannot be disregarded. Many scientists had not entered this area because glycobiology and glycoscience used to be considered difficult fields. This book, therefore, is presented much like a cookbook which can help scientists in fields other than glycobiology and glycoscience carry out research more easily.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-4-431-77922-3
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Tokyo
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-4-431-77921-6
- Online ISBN 978-4-431-77922-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site