About this book
The ever-increasing demands placed on combustion engines are just as great when it comes to this centerpiece - the piston. Achieving less weight or friction, or even greater wear resistance, requires in-depth knowledge of the processes taking place inside the engine, suitable materials, and appropriate design and machining processes for pistons, including the necessary testing measures. It is no longer possible for professionals in automotive engineering to manage without specific know-how of this kind, whether they work in the field of design, development, testing, or maintenance. This technical book answers these questions in detail and in a very clear and comprehensible way.
Piston functions, requirements, and types
Simulation of the operational fatigue strength using FEM
Engineers in engine development and maintenance
Lecturers and students in the areas of mechanical engineering, engine technology, and vehicle construction
Anyone interested in technology
The MAHLE Group is one of the top 30 automotive suppliers and the globally leading manufacturer of components and systems for the internal combustion engine and its peripherals.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-8348-8662-0
- Copyright Information Vieweg+Teubner Verlag | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH 2012
- Publisher Name Vieweg+Teubner Verlag, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-8348-1590-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-8348-8662-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site