About this book
The design and development of cost-effective mobile broadband wireless access networks is a key challenge for many mobile network operators. The over-dimensioning or under-dimensioning of an access network results in both additional costs and customer dissatisfaction.
Thushara Weerawardane introduces new transport technologies and features for High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) and Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networks. Using advanced scientific methods, he proposes new adaptive flow control and enhanced congestion control algorithms, then defends them with highly-developed analytical models derived from Markov chains. For faster analysis, compared to long-lasting detailed simulations, these models provide optimum network performance and ensure reliable quality standards for end users during transport network congestion. Further, the author investigates and analyzes LTE transport network performance by introducing novel traffic differentiation models and buffer management techniques during intra-LTE handovers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-8348-8253-0
- Copyright Information Vieweg+Teubner Verlag | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2012
- Publisher Name Vieweg+Teubner Verlag
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-8348-1709-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-8348-8253-0
- About this book