About this book
After a brief introduction into the theory of electromagnetic fields and the definition of the field quantities the book teaches the analytical solution methods of Maxwell’s equations by means of several characteristic examples. The focus is on static and stationary electric and magnetic fields, quasi stationary fields, and electromagnetic waves. For a deeper understanding, the many depicted field patterns are very helpful. The book offers a collection of problems and solutions which enable the reader to understand and to apply Maxwell’s theory for a broad class of problems including classical static problems right up to waveguide eigenvalue problems.
Maxwell’s Equations - Electrostatic Fields - Stationary Current Distributions – Magnetic Field of Stationary Currents – Quasi Stationary Fields: Eddy Currents - Electromagnetic Waves
Advanced Graduate Students in Electrical Engineering, Physics, and related Courses
Engineers and Physicists
Professor Dr.-Ing. Gerd Mrozynski and Dr.-Ing. Matthias Stallein are teaching at the University of Paderborn, Germany, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-8348-2178-2
- Copyright Information Springer Vieweg| Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013
- Publisher Name Vieweg+Teubner Verlag, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-8348-1711-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-8348-2178-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site