About this book
This study develops a reform proposal for the future revenue system of the EU budget. The findings strongly reject the idea that a reform based on an EU tax-based own resource would remedy current problems.
Against the background of the status quo analysis the authors present a reform model which includes the complete phasing out of the VAT resource, a financing of the budget completely on the basis of the GNI resource and a generalised but limited correction mechanism (GLCM). The GLCM would make a clear distinction between policies having an intentional distributive effect or not. A further element of the reform proposal is a move towards a stronger financial contribution of regions to EU spending.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2066-9
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-2065-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-2066-9
- Series Print ISSN 1615-6781
- Buy this book on publisher's site