About this book
The common cold is unlike any other human disease. It seems impossible to defeat and affects all of us on a regular basis. Due to the large number of viruses causing colds any specific cure is a major challenge.
This unique book brings together a wide range of topics, from our ancestors’ views about disease, followed by the questions why and how we sneeze, cough and get a runny nose, to the intricacies of host-virus interactions and immunological phenomena on the molecular level. Popular treatments, "over the counter" medicines and interventions are reviewed. Finally recent developments and new treatment options are highlighted.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-9912-2
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 2009
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-9894-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-9912-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site