About this book
The use of Clifford algebras in mathematical physics and engineering has grown rapidly in recent years. Whereas other developments have priviledged a geometric approach, the author uses an algebraic approach which can be introduced as a tensor product of quaternion algebras and provides a unified calculus for much of physics.
The book proposes a pedagogical introduction to this new calculus, based on quaternions, with applications mainly in special relativity, classical electromagnetism and general relativity.
The volume is intended for students, researchers and instructors in physics, applied mathematics and engineering interested in this new quaternionic Clifford calculus.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-7791-5
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag AG 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-7790-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-7791-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site