About this book
Much progress has been made in elucidating the mechanisms regulating the induction and progression of inflammatory diseases. More recently, however, it has become apparent that the manipulation of mechanisms governing the resolution of inflammation is an important way to develop novel strategies for the therapy of such diseases. This book provides an up-to-date and comprehensive view on the resolution of inflammation and on new developments in this area (e.g. pro-resolution mediators, apoptosis, macrophage clearance of apoptotic cells, possible novel drug developments). The chapters are written by leading scientists in the field.
This topical volume is of interest to medical and scientific researchers in academia and industry working on inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases such as arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, atherosclerosis, and more.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-7506-5
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag AG 2008
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-7505-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-7506-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site