Table of contents
About this book
This book gives an up-to-date overview of the epidemiology (including molecular typing), specific biological, immunological and immunopathological aspects, diagnosis and perspectives of control of the most common helminth human infections.
Helminths are long-lived multicellular organisms that have co-evolved with humans over many thousands of years. They are responsible for infections which affect around one third of the human population, at global level. Despite the huge efforts in research during the last years, effective control of helminth infections is still far from optimal standards and the resulting diseases remain neglected.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-1782-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Wien 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-7091-1781-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-7091-1782-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site