About this book
The discovery of new cell types, such as grid and time cells, in the hippocampal formation has been accompanied by major anatomical and theoretical insights in the years. This book provides comprehensive, up-to-date information about the hippocampal formation and especially the neural basis of episodic memory, spatial location (the formation of the cognitive map) and temporal representation.
The first part of the book describes the information flow from pre-hippocampal areas into the hippocampus, the second part discusses the different types of hippocampal processing and finally, the third part depicts the influence that the hippocampal processing has on other brain structures that are perhaps more closely tied to explicit cognitive or behavioral output. This book is intended for neuroscientists, especially for those who are involved in research on the hippocampus, as well as for behavioral scientists and neurologists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-1292-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Wien 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-7091-1291-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-7091-1292-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site