About this book
Now a common tool and object of study, stacks were introduced in this book as a framework for the study of non-abelian cohomology classes in degrees 1 and 2 on an arbitrary topos. The book shows that these cohomology classes can be represented by geometric objects called torsors and gerbes, and provides a detailed study of their basic properties. Since their introduction in this book, gerbes have become a widespread tool in geometry and topology.
A timeless classic, this French language book remains to this day a key reference for fibred categories, stacks, torsors, gerbes and topos.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-62103-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 1971
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-05307-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-62103-5
- Series Print ISSN 0072-7830
- Series Online ISSN 2196-9701
- Buy this book on publisher's site