Table of contents
About this book
This book highlights the latest, cutting-edge advances in implantable biomaterials. It brings together a class of advanced biomaterials in two highly active research areas, namely implants and tissue scaffolds, to underline their respective functional requirements for further development. It is unique in providing a full range of methodological procedures, including materials syntheses, characterisation, cellular tests and mathematical modelling. Covering metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite materials commonly used in biological applications and clinical therapeutics, it is a valuable resource for anyone wanting to further their understanding of the latest developments in implantable biomaterials. Focusing on biomedical applications in implants and scaffolds, it provides methodological guides to this rapidly growing field.
Qing Li and Yiu-Wing Mai are both professors at the University of Sydney, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-53574-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-53572-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-53574-5
- Series Print ISSN 2195-0644
- Series Online ISSN 2195-0652
- About this book