About this book
The objective of this volume is to present a full and critical spectral data coverage of the entire major fields relating to tetraphenyl and analogous porphyrins, their precursors, catabolic derivatives, and related systems electronically.
The porphyrins are an important class of naturally occurring macro cyclic compounds that play a very important role in the metabolism of living organisms. They have a universal biological distribution and were involved in the oldest metabolic phenomena on earth. Without porphyrins and their relative compounds, life as we know it would be impossible and therefore the knowledge of these systems and their excited states is essential in understanding a wide variety of biological processes, including oxygen binding, electron transfer, catalysis and the initial photochemical step in photosynthesis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49340-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-49339-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-49340-3
- Series Print ISSN 1615-1844
- Series Online ISSN 1616-9522
- Buy this book on publisher's site