About this book
In this book, we shall consider the kinematics and dynamics of the flows of fluids exhibiting a yield stress. To highlight the principal characteristics of such fluids, the first chapter emphasizes the role played by the yield stress. Next, a careful description of the continuum mechanics behind the constitutive equations for incompressible and compressible viscoplastic fluids is given in Chapters 2–4. In Chapters 5 and 6 analytical solutions to several steady and unsteady flows of Bingham fluids are presented.
The subsequent Chapters 7–10 are concerned with the development of variational principles and their numerical solutions, along with perturbation methods which play a significant role in numerical simulations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45617-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45616-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45617-0
- About this book