About this book
Integration is the sixth and last of the books that form the core of the Bourbaki series; it draws abundantly on the preceding five Books, especially General Topology and Topological Vector Spaces, making it a culmination of the core six. The power of the tool thus fashioned is strikingly displayed in Chapter II of the author's Théories Spectrales, an exposition, in a mere 38 pages, of abstract harmonic analysis and the structure of locally compact abelian groups.
The first volume of the English translation comprises Chapters 1-6; the present volume completes the translation with the remaining Chapters 7-9.
Chapters 1-5 received very substantial revisions in a second edition, including changes to some fundamental definitions. Chapters 6-8 are based on the first editions of Chapters 1-5. The English edition has given the author the opportunity to correct misprints, update references, clarify the concordance of Chapter 6 with the second editions of Chapters 1-5, and revise the definition of a key concept in Chapter 6 (measurable equivalence relations).
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-07931-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05821-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-07931-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors