About this book
Applied Mathematics: Body & Soul is a mathematics education reform project developed at Chalmers University of Technology and includes a series of volumes and software. The program is motivated by the computer revolution opening new possibilitites of computational mathematical modeling in mathematics, science and engineering. It consists of a synthesis of Mathematical Analysis (Soul), Numerical Computation (Body) and Application. Volumes I-III present a modern version of Calculus and Linear Algebra, including constructive/numerical techniques and applications intended for undergraduate programs in engineering and science. Further volumes present topics such as Dynamical Systems, Fluid Dynamics, Solid Mechanics and Electro-Magnetics on an advanced undergraduate/graduate level.
The authors are leading researchers in Computational Mathematics who have written various successful books.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-05800-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05660-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-05800-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site