About this book
Revenue Management has proven successful in a number of service industries. Starting out in the airlines industry in the 1970s, Revenue Management spread to tourism sectors such as hotels and cruise ships, but also to TV advertising and other industries. Revenue Management for the manufacturing sector is a relatively new concept which is explored in this book.
In order to test if there is a potential for Revenue Management in the manufacturing sector, a survey was conducted and sent to a large number of manufacturing companies in the paper, steel and aluminium industries. The results show that Revenue Management is already partly implemented in these industries, but has further greater potential for bottom line improvement in these industries.
The book continues with a number of mathematical decision models and heuristics for several application scenarios. The numerical results of the models indicate that manufacturing companies should seriously consider thinking about implementing a Revenue Management system in order to enhance profits significantly.
Revenue Management Manufacturing Companies survey mathematical decision model application scenario
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24037-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2009
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-24036-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-24037-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site