About this book
Max Gath presents a multiagent system for the optimization of transport logistics in highly complex and dynamic domains. The described solution dynamically optimizes processes and provides a high flexibility, scalability, robustness, and adaptability to individual customer demands. The experimental evaluation points out the effectiveness and efficiency by using the example of commonly applied benchmarks as well as two case studies in groupage traffic and in courier, express, and parcel services with same-day deliveries. Both case studies were performed with leading transport companies in Germany. The results demonstrate that the multiagent-based solution satisfies domain-specific requirements and exploits high optimization potential in real-world processes.
- Dispatching Problems in Transport Logistics
- Multiagent-Based Transport Planning and Control
- Case Studies in Groupage Traffic and Courier, Express, and Parcel Services
Researchers and practitioners in the fields of production and logistics as well as information and communication technology
Dr. Max Gath completed his doctoral degree at the Artificial Intelligence research group of TZI (Center for Communication and Information Technology), University of Bremen, Germany.
Autonomous Logistic Processes Multiagent Systems Transport Logistics Nested Rollout Policy Adaptation Artificial Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-14003-8
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-14002-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-14003-8
- About this book