Table of contents
About this book
Synthetic biology is an emerging technology that aims to design and engineer DNA and molecular structures of single cell organisms. Existing organisms can be altered, novel organisms can be created. In doing so, synthetic biology makes use of specific technoscientific understandings of living beings. This volume sets out to explore and assess synthetic biology and its notions of life from philosophical, ethical, social, and legal perspectives.
Concepts, Metaphors, Worldviews.- Public Good and Private Ownership.Social and Legal Ramifications.- Opportunities, Risks, Governance.
Scholars of sociology, philosophy, theory of science, history of science, biology, engineering
Politicians and policymakers
Dr. Joachim Boldt is Deputy Director at the Institut für Ethik und Geschichte der Medizin in Freiburg, Germany.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-10988-2
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-10987-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-10988-2
- About this book