About this book
This book covers three fundamental problems at the interface of multi-project management and human resource management: the selection of projects, the composition of small project teams, and workload leveling. Matthias Walter proposes optimization models and solution methods for these problems, assuming multi-skilled workers with heterogeneous skill levels. For the first time, the author presents exact and heuristic methods that support managers to form small teams. Additionally, he outlines a new skill chaining strategy that increases workforce flexibility.
- Multi-Skilled Workers and Flexibility Design
- Project Selection, Workforce Assignment, and Utilization Leveling
- Optimization Models and Complexity Analysis
- Solution Methods and their Numerical Analysis
- Researchers and students in the field of business administration focusing on operations research and project management
- Human resource and project managers as well as software developers
Dr. Matthias Walter wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jürgen Zimmermann at the Operations Research Group at Clausthal University of Technology.
The EditorsThe series Produktion und Logistik is edited by Prof. Dr. Christian Bierwirth, Prof. Dr. Bernhard Fleischmann, Prof. Dr. Moritz Fleischmann, Prof. Dr. Martin Grunow, Prof. Dr. Hans-Otto Günther, Prof. Dr. Stefan Helber, Prof. Dr. Karl Inderfurth, Prof. Dr. Herbert Kopfer, Prof. Dr. Herbert Meyr, Prof. Dr. Katja Schimmelpfeng, Prof. Dr. Thomas S. Spengler, Prof. Dr. Hartmut Stadtler, Prof. Dr. Horst Tempelmeier and Prof. Dr. Gerhard Wäscher.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-08036-5
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-08035-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-08036-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site