About this book
With her research, Svenja Post offers an in-depth analysis of the implementation of the Comprehensive Approach in international crisis management both on EU and on member state national level. The author demonstrates in detail which steps have been taken on conceptual and on structural level by the EU and its member states Great Britain, Germany and Sweden to organize and realize crisis management coherence. In addition to identifying challenges involved actors are confronted with, Svenja Post also points out a set of recommendations for future efforts to close the gap between aspiration and reality of comprehensive European crisis management.
- Comprehensive Approach
- Crisis / Conflict Management
- European Union
- Member states (Germany, Sweden, UK)
- Organization theory / public administration
- Students, academics and researchers in the areas of International Relations, European Studies, Security Policy, Peace- and Conflict Studies
- Decision-makers, practitioners and multipliers in European crisis management institutions
Dr. rer. pol. Svenja Post holds a graduate degree in political science, law, and peace and conflict studies from the Philipps University in Marburg and earned her doctorate degree in Political Sciences/International relations from the Helmut Schmidt University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg.