About this book
The emergence of social media as one of the driving forces of consumers’ online experiences today also challenges our current understanding on marketing and brand management. The effects of brands’ social media involvement are to this day uncertain. Severin Dennhardt shows that social media and user-generated brands do have a strong influence on brands. Four independent studies demonstrate that successful brands can be created in virtual worlds, user-generated content drives the creation of unique brands, social media strongly influences the social value perception of brands, and social media impacts consumers’ purchase decision process.
· User-Generated Brands
· The Value-Enhancing Role of Social Networks Around Brands
· The Impact of User-Interactions in Social Media on Brand Awareness and Purchase Intention
· Researchers and students in the fields of marketing and brand management
· Executives in this area
Dr. Severin Dennhardt wrote his dissertation under Prof. Dr. Kurt Matzler’s supervision at the Chair of Strategic Management and Leadership at the University of Innsbruck.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-02350-8
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-02349-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-02350-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site